Taylor Swift An Enneagram Type 3
Sat Jul 29 2023
You've listened to her, watched her, and undoubtedly formed an opinion about her. Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Taylor Swift is indelible in our cultural landscape. But today, we step into an unexplored territory by examining Taylor's personality, suggesting she is an Enneagram Type 3 - The Achiever.
Disclaimer This analysis of Taylor Swift’s Enneagram type is purely speculative, based on publicly available information, and may not reflect the actual personality type of Taylor Swift.
TL;DR: Why Taylor Swift is an Enneagram type 3
- The Persistent Pursuit of Success: Grammy award-winning artist Taylor Swift exhibits classic Type 3 attributes, primarily her relentless ambition. Her early move to Nashville and steadfast dedication to her craft, visible in the long hours she pours into the studio, spotlight her inherent need to excel, a characteristic feature of Type 3 - The Achiever.
- The Inner Workings of an Achiever: Swift's inner world likely revolves around a continual strive for achievement. As a Type 3, her thoughts, feelings, and daily actions are geared towards projecting a successful image and gaining validation, which is key to her self-esteem. This may include constant self-evaluation and a careful analysis of her public image.
- Resilience Amid Controversy: Public feuds with celebrities like Kanye West and Kim Kardashian have been a part of Swift's journey. But, her resilience in the face of adversity, turning potential setbacks into triumphs through her music, reflects her Type 3 nature. It mirrors the Achiever's coping mechanism, which stems from the fear of being worthless or seen as unsuccessful.
- Driven by a Core Motivation: Taylor's core motivation, like most Type 3s, is a fear of worthlessness, which fuels her pursuit of success and validation. Her lyrics, philanthropy, and even the handling of public controversies trace back to this underlying motivation. Understanding this provides insight into Swift's unyielding ambition and persistent resilience, further solidifying her alignment with the Enneagram Type 3 personality.
What is Taylor Swift’s Personality Type?
Taylor Swift: A Classic Type 3
At the core of Taylor Swift’s persona lies a tenacious Enneagram Type 3, the Achiever. This personality type is characterized by ambition, efficiency, and charm, with individuals driven to excel and be perceived as successful. Swift, with her hardworking nature and charisma, embodies these traits seamlessly.
The Evidence: Swift’s Rise to Stardom
Swift displayed the tenacity and ambition often associated with a Type 3 personality from an early age. She persuaded her family to move to Nashville, Tennessee, the heartland of country music and signed her first record deal at just 14. Her commitment to her goals is reflected in her relentless work ethic; she is known for spending long hours in the studio, perfecting her tracks.
Navigating Controversies: The Resilient Achiever
Swift’s resilience in the face of controversies is a further testament to her Achiever persona. Through public feuds, such as those with Kanye West and Kim Kardashian, she has remained focused on her career. She has used these experiences as fodder for her songs, turning potential setbacks into victories. Her 2017 album, “Reputation,” directly responded to public criticism, demonstrating her adaptability and focus on controlling her narrative.
Taylor’s Image and Charisma: The Magnetic Achiever
Taylor Swift’s magnetic persona and carefully curated public image exemplify traits of the Enneagram Type 3, the Achiever. Her adept use of social media to connect with fans, share aspects of her life, and express gratitude reinforces this charismatic persona. Swift is known for her spontaneous and genuine engagement during concerts, strengthening her connection with her audience and enhancing her appeal.
Notably, Swift’s image is enriched by her philanthropy. From disaster relief contributions to advocating for arts education and social issues, her acts reflect her compassionate nature and social consciousness. These initiatives cement her appeal as a relatable and caring figure.
Swift’s ability to connect with fans and use her influence positively emphasizes the charisma inherent in Enneagram Type 3, embodying her identity as an Achiever. Her success lies in her music, the bond she’s fostered with fans, and her societal impact.
How Taylor’s personality comes out in her songs and lyrics
Swift’s personality is vividly reflected in her lyrics, showcasing her awareness of her public image and control over her narrative. Her song “Blank Space” plays into the media’s portrayal of her as a serial dater, demonstrating a keen ability to change a negative portrayal into a catchy, self-aware song. Similarly, her hit “Shake it Off” acknowledges criticism and transforms it into a testament to resilience.
Swift’s entire “Reputation” album focuses on her public image. Through it, she channels the experiences of her feuds with West and Kardashian into a narrative where she is put in a role rather than taking responsibility. Swift, like a true Enneagram Type 3, plays an active role in shaping her reputation and success narrative through her songs.
How Each Enneagram Type Perceives Taylor Swift
To provide a broader perspective, let’s examine how individuals of each Enneagram type might perceive Taylor Swift:
- Type 1- The Perfectionist - They might appreciate Swift’s attention to detail in her music while also being critical of her public controversies, viewing them as a deviation from an ideal, “perfect” image.
- Type 2- The Helper - Likely empathizing with Swift’s emotional lyrics, they may admire her philanthropic work but feel concerned for her well-being amidst public feuds and media scrutiny.
- Type 3- The Achiever - As fellow Achievers, they would resonate with Swift’s drive for success and her resilience in overcoming adversity. They’d likely admire her for turning challenges into opportunities.
- Type 4- The Individualist - Drawn to the authenticity and depth in Swift’s lyrics, they might also identify with her moments of feeling misunderstood or different, often themes in her music.
- Type 5- The Investigator - Intrigued by the clever storytelling in Swift’s music, they’d appreciate the layers and nuances in her songs. But, they may maintain a distance from her public image and controversies.
- Type 6- The Loyalist - They could feel connected with Swift’s loyalty to her fans and her determination in the face of adversity. Yet, they might also worry about her well-being amidst the highs and lows of her career.
- Type 7- The Enthusiast - Drawn to Swift’s upbeat, catchy tunes and the variety in her music, they’d likely admire her for her ability to reinvent herself with each album.
- Type 8- The Challenger - Impressed by Swift’s assertiveness in protecting her work and standing her ground in controversies, they might view her as an influential figure who’s not afraid to take control.
- Type 9- The Peacemaker - While the harmony in Swift’s melodies might soothe them, they could feel uncomfortable with the conflicts surrounding her, wishing for more peace and unity in her narrative.
As complex beings, people’s thoughts, emotions, and actions are shaped over time, often as mechanisms to handle life’s struggles. For Taylor Swift, her actions reveal a determined achiever, grappling with her need for success and affirmation.
In a world where perspectives are diverse and often conflicting, taking the time to understand another’s viewpoint can be enlightening. If this exploration has piqued your interest, I invite you to dive deeper into the realm of personalities and perspectives.
Join us at 9takes - a community that values the exploration of personalities and viewpoints. Let’s uncover more about the intricate tapestry of personalities surrounding us, one person at a time. Sign up below ⬇️ and begin your journey of discovery today.
What was missed? Do you disagree? Give us your thoughts. 🙏
nothing right now
Sign up for the 9takes Beta
9takes will be free for the first 1000 users